This photo has been blowing up my Facebook all week long. The captions read: “I have a really awesome life…there’s no prenatal test to predict that.” ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Look, I am so glad this child has an amazing life. Their parents made a conscious choice to have a child, a child with Down’s Syndrome. Whether or not they had prenatal tests done to determine this is really of no matter to me. They clearly have the resources to take good care of their child. This child deserves an awesome life. But parents have a right to learn if their child will have special needs. They deserve every opportunity to learn about what challenges they will face in order to make an informed choice on whether or not they have the ability to care for their child physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially. This is the ULTIMATE prenatal test: The ability to make this choice, clearly, confidently, and in their individual or family’s best interest.
Here we go again. The pro-life, pro-choice battle that never ends.
6 responses to “Here we go again. The pro-life, pro-choice battle that never ends.”
Looking for something?
What we're talking aboutabortion Adventures in Online Dating Bad Girls Club birth control Busty Girl Problems celebrities dating doctors douchebags family friends gaming health home legal lifestyle lists politics race rape/assault relationships same-sex marriage sex The Mel & Joe Show Walking Dead women work WTF zombie apocalypse
- Melissa Limasse
- Nunyo Biness
You’re Never Alone
Eating Disorders Hotline:
Rape and Sexual Assault:
Exhale: After Abortion Hotline/Pro-Voice:
- Why You Should Never, Ever, Ever Get A Tattoo (but Having a Baby is Fine) wp.me/p2kF45-ni 4 years ago
- 5 Things single girls wish you’d stop saying to them pattiknows.com/5-things-singl… 4 years ago
- Talking Dead with Ambrosia: After & Inmates @amctalkingdead #walkingdead wp.me/p2kF45-ne 4 years ago
- RT @NARAL: Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers: Republicans believe your health care decisions should be yours, not the government's. Did we catch … 4 years ago
- "@jordancarlos: Why do they mention that this Congresswoman has 3 kids over and over again? They don't do that with dudes. #doublestandards" 4 years ago