Okay. So there’s the usual spoiler alert stuff, which I’m skipping, because if you haven’t figured it out yet you’re never going to.
I was going to just wait and do all three weeks with the mid-season break, but, I decided with these two being Governor-centric, and then the sweeps episode picking up with the prison camp again, I’d do them separately. Better late than never, right?
I honestly don’t have that much to say about Live Bait. It was good, for lack of a better word, to see what he was doing, what he was up to after the slaughter at the end of last season. I was happy to see that Martinez and Bowman had ditched his ass, but I was so intrigued when he fell into his own stupid trap and then Martinez popped up. I was like WHAT!!!!!
The fact that he burned Woodbury down, I think is simply the whole, if I can’t have it, neither can you. The women that he took up with, I’m not surprised that he got Ol’ Rapey Eye. He clearly separated himself as Brian from the Governor, but it definitely started to meld back together. I don’t think there’s a lot to say about that episode. It was relatively straightforward.
But then you move on to Dead Weight. And now, it’s the Governor again.
First off, let me jump to the end: Now he’s creating a much larger aquarium? Ugh. Dude’s a fucking lunatic.
I loved the new Martinez, and I love Jose Pablo Cantillo, so it was shitty to see him go. The fact that he did get a memorable send-off definitely goes to show how that he had some kind of standing with the fans. He didn’t get an off-camera death like Bowman (that was the big silent black guy) or just a quick death like the massacre the Governor laid on his crew. Even the guy that had come with Sasha and Tyrese, the one who stayed with the Governor after Tyrese and Sasha left, he actually had lines, he was someone we knew, but he was just gunned down with the rest of them, like it was nothing.
Fred Armisen made an excellent point, that the Governor is a psycho all along, and he’s using his new little family as a means to an end, that he feels he has to keep them safe, and this is how he has to do it.
Another episode that speaks for itself though. So let’s just get to the important part:
Did the Governor or Mitch kill all those people at that other camp? It could have been Mitch, he did go off by himself. I’m about 12% sure it was one of them. The remaining 88%? Whoever killed them is the same person feeding rats to the walkers outside the fence.
Here’s hoping we find out who the rat-feeder is tonight. Although I doubt it. 😦